Play Kitchen Apron


The playhouse I'm building is well under construction and will be complete a week from today!  I've already started thinking about the finishing touches.  The playhouse will have a built in play kitchen, which means some lucky little chef will need an apron.  So with that in mind, I was off to the fabric store.  After at least an hour (maybe two), I forced myself to select just enough fabric for one apron, a skirt for under the sink, and a banner.  I can not stress how difficult it was to not walk out of the store with enough fabric to do several different schemes.

I have many memories as a child of my mom sewing.  She made everything from Halloween costumes to baby doll clothes.  Now that I'm in my 30's and have children of my own,  I've decided it's about time that I learn how.  I wish I could say I did the apron above, but all I really did was sketch out the pattern, cut it out, and sew the pocket squares together...all with mom's guidance.  She took the rest home and finished it up.  When she brought it back , not only was it done, but it had a mini rolling pin and oven mitt in it!  Thank you mom!  

Comments

Popular Posts