In the Playhouse Business!


A Place Imagined is now officially in business!   The morning started off with a trip to the lumber yard to stock up on everything necessary to build the playhouse pictured above.  After a day of running around town getting materials we had just enough time to get the base (or floor) of the playhouse completed.  The weather was gorgeous, making it ideal for working outside.  Tomorrow we'll get the walls framed up and maybe even the roof.  I can't wait to see the form start to shape up.  I love this design!  This playhouse is scaled for younger children, but adults can easily stand up in it.  On the interior it will have a bench built into one of the curved walls and a play kitchen built into the other wall - very efficient use of space.  I'll be posting pictures of the progress, so check back for updates.

Oh, if you're wondering, this one will be for sale.  It will ship fully assembled from Mississippi.  I'll have a price worked up on it as soon as we're done with construction.  It should only take about two weeks to complete.  Overall dimensions are 6'-2"x6'-5" with a height of 7'-6".  I'll also be taking orders...it's not too soon to think about Christmas!  For more info. on ordering a playhouse contact me at hollydgomez [at] gmail [dot] com.  I'll have a full blown website up and running soon, but for now just send me an email and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.

Comments

  1. I think it needs a window. Maybe you could fit a circular window in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! A playhouse without a window would be poor design, not to mention hot in the summer. This one's got a decent size window on the back wall, but it would be nice to work one into the door too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts