Garden Whimsy


I am so excited to finally share pictures of the playhouse I've been working on!  Just in time for Christmas too!  This whimsical playhouse featuring curved walls and a storybook style door is now available and at a great price.  The playhouse pictured above is going for $3,200 + shipping to the first person I hear from.  If you are interested or have any questions, contact me at holly@aplaceimagined.com or use the contact page here.  After that, I will be taking orders on my site for $4,200.  Why is this one significantly reduced?  It needs to be moved, so I can start on the next design!  Hopefully very soon we'll be in a large shop, but for now we're working in a small space.

The playhouse is constructed with quality materials and should last for generations if maintained.  The base or floor is treated wood, and the roof is stained cedar.  The front and back walls are painted tongue & groove.  The rounded walls are grooved to overlap and then caulked and painted.  Overall exterior dimensions are:  6'-6"wide, 6'-8" long, and 7'-8" high.


A bench and kitchen counter is built into both of the curved walls leaving more floor space for playing.  The interior floor space measures 4'-5" x  5'-8."  Interior walls are painted beadboard.  I love the light airy feel of the white with blue accents.  The triangle pendant banner pictured above was crafted specifically for this playhouse and is included.  It coordinates with the curtain that hangs under the play kitchen counter (also included).  Unfortunately, my vintage sock monkey, doll bed, and quilt are not included.  Thankfully my mom kept all of my playhouse furniture, and now I have it to pass on to my children.


Chalkboards line both sides of the play kitchen.  They have been a hit with the children that have inspected the playhouse.  The picture below shows the distressed stained wood floor.  It is built similar to a deck, allowing any water that may find it's way in to drain.  The window will have shutters to match the color of the door as well as a window box on the exterior.  (That's on my to do list for tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait to share these pictures).  I'll post more pictures of the back wall and window soon!  Oh, the apron hanging on the back wall is also included!  It's killing me to let go of that apron, but it really belongs with the house. 


My son, 4 yrs. old,  is pretending to wash his hands in the sink. The highest part of the inside of the playhouse is 6'-3" high making it tall enough for me to stand up in, but still approprietly scaled for younger children.  This playhouse should fit well into most back yards and is a piece that will add a touch of whimsy to your garden.



I love this ceiling!  The tongue & groove boards are painted blue with the exposed structure painted a nice shade of green.  This is by no means the most efficient way to paint a ceiling, but I believe it was worth the time.  

I can't wait to start the next design, but at the same time, I am going to be sad to see this one go.  I have enjoyed every minute working on it.  I know it will make some lucky children very happy.  Oh, the memories it will hold...
 

Comments

  1. Congrats Holly! Love that interior! I'll post a link at some point too...

    -Deek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deek! I don't know what I was thinking starting off with curves...Can't wait to get started on the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts