Little Sprout's Indoor Hideaway



The cold winter months have brought most of us indoors, so unless your playhouse has heat you may have to get a little creative when it comes to finding a warm place for your child to play.  Over the next few weeks I'm going to try to focus (as best I can) and pull together several indoor playhouse ideas.  I've got a few lined up, but am always looking for more, so if you have a project let me know.  Cotton Blossom of Wit Behind the Ears did an amazing job turning an unused room into a magical play space for her daughter in just four days.  That's right four days!  Wow!  It's amazing what can be accomplished with a Christmas deadline.  I've got a few pictures of the project here, but you really should check out the full story from the beginning here.


Tucked away at the end of a hallway this indoor playhouse has it all!  Beautiful whitewashed wood floors, a to die for vintage fridge, and a claw foot tub, what more could a girl ask for?  While this playhouse is definitely any girl's dream, most of its furnishings were already on hand and just needed a little (or a lot) of refinishing. 


Details are what really make a space.  If you're on a time line starting from scratch is not always the way to go.  See what you have that can be reused or hit the junk/antique stores.  A little paint and a lot of work can go a long way.  Modifying the antique bed made it just the right scale for the playhouse.  The tub was small to begin with...I don't think you can do much to alter one of those other than refinish it...no small task.    Oh, one thing I would like to note, the table cloth is made of outdoor fabric (anyone with a child knows why this is a brilliant idea).


I could go on and on with this one, but I've got to stop somewhere.  I hope this has inspired you.  I know it's got me thinking...where can I carve out just a tiny bit of space?

Comments

Popular Posts