Secret Trap Door


Kim Ludy (of Trampoline) must be the coolest mom ever! She and her husband added a trapdoor from her son's closet to an attic play space. This is not your average trapdoor. The crafty couple customized a dog door by adding a peephole. As a child I remember watching Webster and dreaming of the day when I could have secret rooms of my own...maybe that was my first motivation to become an architect. Now I just need to figure out how to work a trapdoor into our house.

Safety tips: Make sure the door is large enough to not get stuck in. It's also a good idea to have another access for adults. You don't want you children to get locked in their secret play space...that would not make for fond childhood memories.

Source: Nesting

Comments

  1. We have actually been planning a trapdoor (or "secret passageway", as the kids call it), but were not sure how to go about it. The dog door idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts