Flutter-By Cottage





It is so exciting to see an idea materialize into a place! The first image is a sketch that I did in March of 2008, over a year ago. It is a concept that I knew would be lost forever if I did not record it somewhere.

In the end the playhouse developed a more whimsical character than the original sketch. The cedar shingles along with the swooping roof line are both characteristics of the storybook style. The operable windows across the side let in natural light and ventilation, not to mention they are just fun to open and shut. Flower baskets hang on the eaves. I can imagine lanterns hanging there or even bird houses. Imagine the possibilities!

Hyperion Construction did a great job building the house. I have to admit, it was very difficult to hand over the design (and control), but they exceeded my expectations. I'm pulling together some interior shots that I'll post soon.

This playhouse was raffled off to help raise money for Habitat for Humanity. The family that won the house is from Jacksonville Florida, so this house has some traveling to do before it reaches it home.

Comments

Popular Posts